How to apply
Applicants to our CDT must follow a simple three-step process. They must check their eligibility to apply to the CDT; choose from the projects that we have on offer; and then complete our online application form. We will then get in touch to confirm if they have been shortlisted for interview.
You must read our criteria page first to check if you are eligible to apply for funding and have the right undergraduate degree.
The next part of the process is choosing which of our available projects you would be interested in studying. Only projects with prefix 2019_XXX are on offer for September 2019 entry. You will be asked to list three projects in order of preference. Please bear in mind that this list is for indicative purposes only.
Please read these instructions carefully before submitting your application. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest opportunity.
Applicants must complete and submit an online admissions application, via the King’s Apply system. You will need to register an account to log onto the system. Once you have created an account please follow the steps below:
1. Select the programme to apply to (as shown in the image below); under Programme Name select ‘Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Science Research MPhil/PhD (Full-time)’.
Once the programme has been selected, please select the start date (01 October 2019) and read the on-screen information about how to progress through the application. Please pay careful attention to the on-screen information; it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all required documents.
2. Please be sure to complete the following sections of the form with all relevant information (all questions with an asterisk are mandatory and you will not be able to submit without answering these):
• Personal Information (including Contact Information, Equal Opportunities and Fee Status)*
• Employment history*: you will be able to enter up to five sets of employment information. Please upload a PDF copy of your CV as an attachment to the Employment History Section, even if you do not have any employment information to fill.
• Supporting statement*: please upload a PDF copy of your personal statement in this section. Please ensure to use the provided template, indicating which of the CDT scientific themes you would be most interested in. Also, please list three projects of interest (from the current available projects page in order of preference). However, bear in mind that this list is for indicative purposes only.
• References*: Please insert contact details for two academic referees or relevant employers in research institutions/companies (we will then contact your referees directly).
• Funding*: Please choose Option 5 “I am applying for a funding award or scholarship administered by King’s College London” and enter under “Award Scheme Code or Name”: EPSRC_CDT_2019. Failing to include this code might result in you not being considered for this funding scheme.
3. Finally, check and submit your application.
Your application will be considered by the EPSRC Smart Medical Imaging CDT admissions panel. Promising candidates will be invited for interview in the w/c 25 March 2019.
In addition to CDT projects, we accept applications on a rolling basis for the EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) projects. Studentships for DTP projects are 3.5 years long.
To apply for a DTP project, download the DTP pre-application form and send the completed form to: email@example.com
If you are successful and are invited to interview we will ask that you submit a full application via the King’s admissions portal prior to the interview. The full application will require a copy of your transcripts and references.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the projects available, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.